CONFIRMATION DATE: May 14, 2017
Our scheduled date for Confirmation is Sunday, May 14, 2017 at the 5:30PM Mass here at St. Thérèse of Carmel. Bishop McElroy will be presiding with Fr Nick. Please ensure that your teen and sponsor arrive at the Church no later than 4:00pm.
DRESS CODE FOR TEENS AND SPONSORS:
– Knee-length dresses or skirts or a dressy blouse with slacks (no leggings)
– All shoulders must be covered (no tank tops or spaghetti straps without a cardigan)
– Please avoid low cut tops
– Dressy shoes (heels are not required, but I recommend if wearing heels to practice walking in them)
– Button down shirt and appropriate tie only
– Slacks and khakis only (no dark colored jeans)
– Dress shoes only
– Dress coat optional
The Sacrament of Confirmation is the sacrament of Initiation mature Catholic commitment and a deepening of baptismal gifts. Confirmation celebrates the gift of the Holy Spirit first given at the great Pentecost event and bestows a sharing of that gift on those who receive this sacrament.
Confirmation curriculum for teenagers is an eight-month curriculum culminating with the Confirmation Sacrament held on a Sunday to be announced in May.
At St. Thérèse of Carmel we serve this sacrament through the following organizations:
- A very active Teen Faith Education program that will help your child prepare for their very special Confirmation.
- For adults being received into the Catholic Faith, we have a rich and caring RCIA program that will guide candidates through the Confirmation experience.
- Mandatory attendance to all classes (Year 1 meets one Sunday a month at 4:15PM, Year 2 meets every Sunday at 7pm)
- Attendance at 2 retreats total- one for each year in the program
- 20 Service + Justice hours
- Interview with Confirmation directors (Year 2 Only)
For more information, please e-mail Melissa at email@example.com