Faith In Action is a ministry that helps fellow parishioners in small ways that make a BIG difference. You might be surprised at how small acts of kindness really do make a difference in the lives of others!
Have you been looking for a way to help others but don’t want to be tied to a schedule or don’t have a lot of time to give? Faith in Action! needs you!
The following is a list of a few things that Faith In Action does for fellow parishioners who need assistance:
- Give a ride to Sunday Mass
- Take a shut-in on an errand
- Take someone shopping or take their list and pick up a few things for them
- Give a ride to a doctor appointment
- Visit an elderly person who is lonely
- Make and deliver a meal to someone who temporarily is not able to do it alone
- Make a friendly phone call to someone who lives alone
- Stay with an elderly person when their family needs to go out for a couple of hours
- Handyman/yard work on a temporary basis
- Help an elderly person fill out their tax form
The possibilities are endless!
If you would like to be a volunteer please fill out the Faith In Action Volunteer form and return it to church. When a request for help is received, and email will be sent asking for volunteers. If you are able to fill the request just reply and details will be forwarded to you… simple as that!
You will find this to be just as rewarding an experience for you as it is to those you are helping. And you will be meeting new people in the parish!
If you would like to volunteer for Faith in Action,
please click here to download the Volunteer Information form,
If you are a parishioner in need of help from Faith in Action, contact Ellen Loretta by email (preferably) at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 858-461-1690.